There are multiple ways to find keywords but this is the best way on how to brainstorm and get unique ones. As of now, it’s best to use long tail keywords because they are easier to target. All the one-two keywords have been targetting by big authorative websites.
I. Manual Way
You can check your keywords manually but it might be a bit tedious. Below are some suggestion on how you can do it.
If your target audience is intelligent, using the thesaurus is actually a good idea. You can go to the Thesaurus and try to find keywords there. Remember that not everyone know what something is called, so it’s best to stick to basic keywords.
go to Semrush and put your URL. You will then see a list of keywords that show up in your webpage. You can also put your competition’s website and see what keywords the rank for. Using Semrush is absolutely free.
IC. Google Autocomplete
Go to google and type in a keyword. You will then see a list of suggestions google gives you.
ID. Google Trends
I personally don’t like google trends (but don’t let that stop you). The reason why I’m not a big is because it’s hard to track long keywords.
Using this tool saves you so much time and headache. Get ready to do all of the above in less than an hour.
Option 1: From Website Auditor
This option will tell you which keywords you are already ranking for.
- Open your website and have Website Auditor check it.
- Once it’s done, go to the left and press Site Audit then, Content Analysis.
Once you do this, more buttons will appear.
- Click on Keywords.
You’ll then find all the keywords you rank for and more.
Option 2: Use Rank Tracker
- Go to the left corner and press Content Analysis.
Finally, click on Research Keywords on the top left corner.
That is why people invest in proxies or other things that will make google think that a different computer is accessing their database. This can only last for so long. Once Google notices that you are sending too many queries again, your proxies are going to get banned, making you buy more proxies.
After finding general keywords, now it’s time to check your Competition.
This part may seem a little longer because you are asking rank tracker to check a specific page you are trying to rank for against other people’s specific pages also.
I would suggest only doing one at a time, so that you can focus on what types of keywords you are serious trying to rank for. You don’t want to get banned by Google again by trying to check a whole bunch of websites because you’re asking rank tracker to get more details upon certain websites. This is even more dangerous in Google’s eyes.
- Go back to your Target Keywords Pane and highlight your desired Keyword.
- Click on Keyword Difficulty at the bottom of the page.
- Select which search engine you want to use on the left hand side then click on update
It will then show you the ff:
- the top 10 sites ranking for that keyword
- optimization rate of the page that is showing up
- the social signals
- Alexa Rank
- Domain age
- outgoing and ingoing links
- The kei which shows you how difficult it is to rank for that keyword.
It might take a while but you’ll have a whole set of keywords you really want to rank in no time. Once you’re satisfied with what you have, Rank for it!
Sooner or later you’ll rank for that keyword. It will not take a day, nor will it take a week. It might take one month. What once you rank for that keyword it all feels so good that you’d want to rank for another one. Once you rank for that keyword, that is when you’ll start seeing the traffic flowing with a little effort.
So here’s a recap of what you just did:
- You find keywords you were already ranking for using Website Auditor.
- You researched more keywords on Rank tracker based on their suggest tool.
- Once you had a set of keywords that you liked, you asked Rank tracker how difficult it is to rank for that keyword based on how your site is optimized.
A word of advice:
- use long tail when you’re trying to find keywords using Rank Tracker
- The more keywords you rank for, the easier the other keywords will be because you will start to gain traction
- Even if there is no numeric KEI, if a keyword has the color green, go target it.
- Don’t pay attention to PPC just yet. It will cloud your judgement on which keywords you really NEED to target in order to rank up.
Did you find this tutorial helpful? If you did, please subscribe below for more SEO powersuite tutorials! You will be helping me by helping you 😛