The more we have to juggle and remember, the more likely we are to drop the ball. This is part of being human, and if you are managing social media, you know how important it is that those balls don’t get dropped. Posting frequently matters. But you are only one person!
If you are tired of juggling social media management on your own, Cool College Helpers is here to break down two of the most popular social media management systems and help you decide which one will work the best for you: or.
Scared yet? Well, once you’ll learn it, you’ll find that you can’t live without it.
1. Good for watching your brand
- Use the Brandwatch app on Hootsuite to keep track of your brand across a myriad of web traffic such as: blogs, social media, news, and review sites.
2. Good for customer support
- Allows you to respond to people’s questions through Twitter
3. Social media profiles supported by Hootsuite:
- Facebook page
- Google Plus
- Tumblr – You can only eavesdrop. You can’t leave comments 🙁
- Youtube *new*
4. Team work! Hootsuite allows a team to work together on social media.
- Assign and leave note tasks to team members
- Bulk Scheduling with the use of spreadsheets
- Autoscheduling for maximum impact
- Scheduling can be viewed in different layouts (daily, weekly, monthly)
- For an extra $4.99, you have access to the Hootsuite Suggestion App
6. Search users by scores
- Hootsuite took away this option. Now you need to use a free widget, which takes a little more time to figure out their klout score.
- Reports are done on a credit basis
- With the Pro package, you receive 50 credits per month
8. Mobile App Availability
Hootsuite has its iOS and Android apps so you can be on social media wherever you go. The Hootsuite Suggestions app is available through iOS only.
9. App Directory
You can integrate free and paid apps! Some of the most popular ones are:
- Trend Spotter
- Tailwind for Pinterest
- Sound Cloud
…and plenty more!
You can use the apps below so you can manage everything on your dashboard. Imagine never having to leave it so that you don’t ever miss an important conversation!
9. Their customer Support is awesome
I always have some sort of question to bombard them. If you take a look at their feed, most people do the same! Their team is always answering questions from people. Night or day, there is always someone who’s going to answer.
I just want to say hi! 🙂 @Hootsuite_Help
— Aurora Afable (@AfableAurora) May 12, 2016
— Hootsuite Helpers (@Hootsuite_Help) May 12, 2016
10. The Costs
- Free option — no bulk scheduling, minimal reporting of analytics, can only integrate 3 accounts. 🙁
- Pro — $14.99 a month, but if you sign up for the year, you score 30% off for a year which is $9.99 a month.
- Enterprise – Contact Them 🙂
[alert type=”general” accent_color=”” background_color=”” border_size=”1px” icon=”” box_shadow=”yes” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=””]The pro version allows two premium seats. This means that you can have another person use premium with you.[/alert]
1. Become an eavesdropper
- You can listen into people’s conversations.
2. Social media profiles supported by BuzzBundle:
- Forums. Yes! Forums!
- Facebook groups
- Facebook pages
3. Interface works like
- If you know how to play with the other Powersuite programs, this will be a piece of cake to learn!
- Each column can be filtered by reach, date, popularity, or favorites.
4. Unlimited, free reporting
- Reporting is free and they have reporting templates you can choose.
- Easy to use calendar
- No bulk scheduling available
6. Auto updates
Every time you open the desktop app, the software will automatically pull up any updates and install them. Their updates only takes a few seconds and they do not need any rebooting like some apps.
7. Supports answers within 24 hours
Whenever you have a problem with anything, there is a button that says, “Send Project to Support”. You don’t need to explain to them what specifically happened because you are sending them your log automatically. This makes it easy and stress-free whenever contacting support. I enjoy this feature.
8. Keyword Monitoring
You can monitor your selected keywords (and even add a website) with the social media networks that Buzzbundle integrates with. Not only will you see future posts, but you will also see posts from previous years. I sometimes saw posts that were dated back all the way from 2002.
[imageframe lightbox=”yes” gallery_id=”” lightbox_image=”http://technicalcreativity.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/bb-keyword-groups.png” style_type=”none” hover_type=”liftup” bordercolor=”” bordersize=”0px” borderradius=”0″ stylecolor=”” align=”center” link=”http://www.technicalcreativity.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/bb-keyword-groups-1030×485.png” linktarget=”_blank” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=””][/imageframe]
9. No mobile App
Sadly, buzzbundle does not have a mobile app. Also, in order for the scheduled posts to publish, you need to make sure that you save your work, and open the app on the days where your posts are going to be published. Nevertheless, if the app is closed, all your published posts will not be published.
8. What will it cost?
- Free version — only see 20% of results
- Professional — $199 per license (update algorithm subscription required, save on 3 months, 6 months, year)
After reviewing what each of these formats provides, I hope it has helped you filter what you need in a social media management tool. Be sure to get what is going to work best for your needs, like the social media profiles you work with and your monthly budget.
[button link=”http://j.mp/bbbuynow” color=”red” size=”medium” stretch=”” type=”flat” shape=”square” target=”_self” title=”” gradient_colors=”|” gradient_hover_colors=”|” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” alignment=”left” class=”” id=””]View Buzzbundle Product Info[/button]
[button link=”http://j.mp/hootsuite_signup” color=”red” size=”medium” stretch=”” type=”flat” shape=”square” target=”_self” title=”” gradient_colors=”|” gradient_hover_colors=”|” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” alignment=”left” class=”” id=””]View Hootsuite Product Info[/button]
Both products have a 30-day money back guarantee 🙂
What do I use?
I use both. I use both because I’m a digital marketer and I love tools like these. I use them in tandem with my social media monitoring so I find them really helpful.
Disclaimer: Please note that I use affiliate links in the URLs above. You will not incur any additional costs whatsoever, although I will receive a small commission. I don’t believe in recommending products that are not at all helpful. If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact me! 🙂